This course brings collectively two of my programs on the Udemy platform that are :
- SQL server : Detecting and repairing corruption on a database
- SQL server : The full course about BACKUP and RESTORE.
The first chapter will speak about BACKUP and RESTORE :
- How to make very merely a BACKUP and a RESTORE.
- Discuss the BACKUP LOGS and DIFFERENTIAL BACKUP, and why it’s completely essential to implement them in your BACKUP technique.
- Understand the curiosity of the WITH INIT in a BACKUP, and learn to make a restoration in time with the WITH STOPAT possibility.
- And lastly, we are going to see the completely different full restoration mannequin on a database(FULL,SIMPLE and BULKED LOGGUED), and why that is (very) necessary for our BACKUPs.
The second half, which is longer, is the a part of a extra superior stage, we are going to focus on :
- The efficiency when doing a BACKUP on a number of recordsdata.
- Avoiding corruption on BACKUPs with the CHECKSUM, and understanding the significance of BACKUP WITH COPY ONLY, to keep away from breaking the BACKUP chain in the course of the day.
- To uncover you can make a RESTORE of a web page, or from a LSN, to keep away from dropping hours of RESTORE, in case of server crash.
- Recover unsaved logs, in case of server crash, with the ability of the TAIL LOG BACKUP.
- We will focus on the BACKUP WITH COMPRESSION, to avoid wasting disk area, which will be important, and the simultaneous copy of BACKUP with the WITH MIRROR possibility.
- We may also see tips on how to restore system databases (Master, MSDB, mannequin, TEMPDB).
- The RESTORE WITH STANDBY, which permits to look at the information between every RESTORE.
- And to complete, we are going to see tips on how to make a RESTORE from a SNAPSHOT, see the mandatory rights, to make BACKUP, tips on how to seek the advice of BACKUP metadata.
The second chapter will speak about corruption on SQL Server :
Database corruption occurs on a regular basis, all around the world !! When it occurs in your setting, are you aware what to do?
- This 2-hour course will present you what you want to know to detect and restore most circumstances of database corruption.
- The course begins by explaining why early detection of corruption is so necessary, after which examines the completely different causes of database corruption.
- You will learn to configure SQL Server to routinely detect once I/O errors happen.
- You’ll learn to configure SQL Server to routinely detect once I/O errors happen, what consistency checks are, the DBCC instructions to make use of to carry out consistency checks, and tips on how to configure SQL Server to carry out consistency checks usually.This course is geared toward all database directors and builders who will learn to react to a case of corruption.
Why begin SQL administration?
- SQL Server is among the expertise very actively wanted on the job market.
- Administering an SQL server in the present day is making certain that you’ve got a full-time job.
- Moreover, SQL Server, due to its simplicity, permits you to shortly turn out to be competent in very particular areas.
- Following this course will assist you to to face out technically out of your colleagues, or throughout a job interview, I assure it.
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings